ICA qualifications in association with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
November 4, 2020
When it comes to raising standards, ICA qualifications are the global benchmark of excellence in the fields of anti-money laundering, governance, risk and compliance and financial crime prevention.
What are the benefits of studying for an ICA qualification?
- Gain confidence and credibility with a qualification that is externally verified by and awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester
- Advance your career with globally applicable specialist knowledge
- Help prevent risk at your firm and protect your own liability
- Be part of ICA’s worldwide professional community of like-minded individuals
Studying with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
The EBRD is an international financial institution established under international law pursuant to the Agreement Establishing the Bank dated on 29 May 1990, to foster transition towards open market-oriented economies and to promote private and entrepreneurial initiative in Central and Eastern European countries, Central Asia, Mongolia and in member countries of the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean. It has since played a historic role and gained unique expertise in fostering change in the region and beyond. EBRD is a pioneer FI and a leader in the trade finance in its countries of operation; the Bank recognises the importance of promoting an awareness of risks in trade finance transactions and ensuring harmonisation of the compliance standards and requirements, inter alia, on enhanced customer due diligence in its countries of operation. This is crucial in allowing partner banks to minimise compliance costs and, therefore, to promote a greater number of trade finance transactions in the Bank’s region.
Over the last two decades the EBRD’s Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP) has gained recognition and appreciation from the industry and from its clients. TFP created a professional network to deliver advanced trade finance trainings, which starting from this year, including compliance trainings. TFP projects and products play a key role in supporting the growth trade finance and accessibility to finance for the small- and medium-sized firms which are so crucial to job creation, in addition to helping create greater equality of opportunity across societies. They have supported over 22,000 transactions, totalling almost €16 billion, and the demand for TFP facilities is increasing every year. The TFP family consists of more than 800 confirming banks in 88 countries and over 100 issuing banks in 27 countries.
ICA Certificate in KYC and CDD
- CDD - why bother?
- The risk-based approach to CDD
- Key CDD concepts
- Core KYC frameworks
- What it's like working in KYC
ICA Specialist Certificate in Trade Based Money Laundering
In addition to the essential concepts of AML and CTF, you will also cover the following areas:
- International Trade and Receivables Finance Explained
- Introduction to Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Proliferation
- International Laws, Regulations and Industry Guidance
- Managing Risk
- Money Laundering Typologies
- Terrorist Financing, Resourcing and Sanctions
- Further Financial Crime Considerations
ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Correspondent Banking
When you undertake the course, in addition to the essential concepts of AML and CTF, you will cover the following areas:
- Essential AML concepts
- Fundamentals of correspondent banking
- Regulatory frameworks
- Money laundering risk is inherent in correspondent banking
- Approaching due diligence in correspondent banking
ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
- What is Financial Crime?
- What Are the Financial Crime Risks?
- Fraud Controls
- Banking – Fraud Typologies
- Identity Theft and Electronic Crime
- Bribery & Corruption
- Fraud Response Policy
- Criminal Offences – exploring the UK system
How can you study?
These courses can be studied fully online or with a workshop where offered. Materials will be delivered through our training partner's online learning platform which includes your course manual, past papers and online multiple-choice exam. You will have three months to complete the course upon enrolment.
FinCrime Protection Limited are proud to partner with the International Compliance Association in recommending the above-named courses. For full details on the courses please refer to the following link: